Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tracking my Insanity


My friends know me for being a pretty active guy in terms of fitness. In the past couple of years, I've been the guinea pig and crash test dummy for P90X and the TRX Suspension Training System. The results are crazy awesome and it's why it's cool whenever I hear my friends purchase these fitness programs and take on the challenge!

Not to disappoint, it was bound to happen...a program that describe the state I was in in wanting to punish my body further...INSANITY. I started the Insanity: 60-Day Total Body Conditioning Program. I started my 60-day journey on June 7th with a Fit Test of eight exercises to establish a baseline for my improvement. I consider myself pretty fit, so when I really did push myself to log this initial measurement of my performance. As with anything that can be measured, it can be improved. I decided to shoot for a 10% improvement on my counts by the time my Fit Test came in two weeks.

Two weeks later, on June 21st it was time to see how I fared, not sure if the 10% improvement in two weeks was aggressive or not. The first two exercises I didn't hit my 10% targets, so at 5:30am (when I usually work out) it was not looking too promising. Fortunately as the Fit Test went on, I was able to hit my 10% targets for the remaining six exercises...I was pretty stoked!

In two weeks it will be time for my third Fit Test, and I'm thinking an increase of 5% from my June 21st results might be a more realistic goal. In any case, seeing my overall improvement from the first Fit Test was encouraging. Even the first two exercises where I missed my mark, I'm pretty proud of the increase from my initial fit test. Overall, I'd say it was a pretty darned good performance. There was no merit in hanging my shoulders low after missing the mark on the first two exercises.

It's important to stay focused on the big picture and not getting hung up little things.

Oakley-dokely!

No comments:

Post a Comment